Solutions : Community action
Responding to climate change requires support and action from everyone. There are many ways that individuals, communities and small businesses can take action.
- Be informed. Seek out information from reputable sources. [link to sources page]
- You can make practical changes at home to reduce your impact on the environment. LivingGreener.gov.au is a good online starting point for ideas on living more sustainably at home. YourHome.gov.au has information about designing, building and renovating sustainable homes.
- Talk to other people or groups in your community or network who are taking action on climate change. Often working with others can be an empowering way to make a difference and there are many local groups across Australia coming together to tackle the issue.
- In schools, join in with programs such as Australian Sustainable Schools Initiative or involve the students in sustainable activities.
- Introduce sustainable practices at your workplace to reduce greenhouse gas emissions as well as save on costs. Talk to other businesses about what they are doing or join in a sustainable business program.
- 19 June 2013 - Gold Coast Community Forum
- 17 June 2013 - Canberra Community Forum